WHAT ARE THE RELATED TAXES AND FEES THAT GO WITH A REAL ESTATE TRANSACTION?
For the account of the Seller:
- Capital Gains Tax- 6% of the Selling Price or Zonal Value or Fair Market
Value whichever is higher
For the account of the Buyer:
- Documentary Stamps Tax – 1.5% of Selling Price or Zonal Value whichever
- Transfer Tax- rate depends on location of property (ranging from 0.25% to
0.75% of Selling Price or Zonal Value, whichever is higher)
- Registration Fee –graduated rate based on Selling Price (ex. P5,646
for Selling Price of P1M)
- Realty Taxes – for the remaining months of the year based on the date
of full payment
Note: Government may impose other taxes and fees that are not covered by the above schedule.